I want to buy a Kensington Breastfeeding Chair and I'm after some advice and free fabric samples.
Kensington Breastfeeding Chair
The Kensington Breastfeeding Chair is designed for breastfeeding mothers after extensive research and development by Dr Lynn Jones, a Principal Lecturer in Furniture Design.
We are proud to be the longest serving retailer of the Kensington Breastfeeding Chair, having sold it online since 2005. We are the only retailer to offer a selection of 5 different fabric options, free fabric samples and a very personal advice service based on our experiences of using it.
The Kensington Breastfeeding Chair is now available in a choice of 5 fabrics:
* Standard (Xtreme Plus) - A wipe clean, fire retardant fabric suitable for everyday use.
* Stratford & Avon - EXCLUSIVE - a contemporary and traditional collection of colours in a superior, luxurious soft feel chenille fabric.
* Agua Stirata - A superior, luxurious soft feel valour fabric which is stain resistant, waterproof, antifungal, antibacterial and hard wearing.
* Vinyl - for infection control areas and heavy usage such as NHS customers.
* Chieftain Vinyl - with exceptional infection control properties to counter-act C.Diff, MRSA and E-Coli.
Dr Lynn Jones interviewed, drew, photographed and videoed women while they breastfed. Using this information Dr Jones created the Kensington Breastfeeding Chair in a ergonomic shape offering:
* a low seat to ensure feet are placed squarely and firmly on the floor, keeping the body weight evenly distributed and the spine straight.
* Gentle 'wings' to suggest a feeling of an intimate, enclosed space for mother and baby.
* A gently tilted seat, which ensures the mother's back is flat against the chair back, keeping the spine perfectly supported and removing the need for cushions or pillows.
* An integral, inflatable lumbar 'cushion' which provides perfect support for the lower back.
* A generously wide seat with 'flared' sides to allow an older sibling to 'perch' during breastfeeding.
* The chair legs are 'natural beech' colour.
* Click here for the dimensions of the Breastfeeding Chair.
* Click here for an exclusive article by Dr Lynn Jones about why she developed the Breastfeeding Chair.
* Click here to see Dr Lynn Jones's Breastfeeding Chair chair being handmade for MumStuff.
FREE Advice and Fabric Samples:
For a personal service, please contact us and we will be happy to answer any questions and recount our own experiences! We can send you free fabric samples (click here to send us your request)
Healthcare and Commercial Organisations:
We are also happy to supply the NHS, Sure Start and other agencies and we are able to offer the chair in Vinyl for heavy commercial use. We can also supply additional information as required by Infection Control if necessary. We've also supplied shopfitters, museums, department stores and art galleries - just contact us with your requirements. We are happy to accept purchase orders (fax 0845 544 0605).
The delivery charge on the Kensington Breastfeeding Chair in all fabrics is included in the price for deliveries to mainland UK. Please contact us before purchase if you wish to have the Breastfeeding Chair shipped to UK islands (including Northern Ireland).
The Kensington Breastfeeding Chair is handmade to order and dispatched from our local manufacturer, so please allow approximately 3 weeks for delivery (but it's usually sooner!). We can usually speed delivery up in an emergency!